Monday, October 19, 2009

monday 19/10/09: bummer.

the day started off okay. i woke up at a decent time (9:50am) and sauntered upstairs for porridge. ro was 15 minutes late (what a wanker) but that was okay. we laid some drums down for a song. a country song. then we went to cash converters at lunchtime to pick me up an air conditioner for my room. i am sitting in it right now and i can assure you, quite a cool room. i also saw that the cashies had call of the cthulu on xbox for 9 dollars. i resisted the temptation. then i went grocery shopping and bought a lot of food.

when we got back i laid down drums for another country song. that's a lot of country for one day, you might say. well i say to you: a day without country is a day wasted. and you can take that to the grave.

i started reading martin scorsese's personal journey through american film which is a pretty decent companion to the documentary (which if you like film, you should own). not long after this i managed to kick my laptop causing the already fragile screen which hangs by one of the hinges to slide just that little bit too far. now my screen doesn't work. joy. sorry rapture, i'll have to save you another time. it'll cost me 30 bucks to print out the original invoice for repair which is also awesome but at least asus will come and pick it up for me.

i forced ro and jord to finish putting together the playlist for myspace but they were shocked to find out that if the songs weren't on myspace they wouldn't be included. we all thought that was a bit silly. no jesse mae hemphill for ro. then joe and i got pizza and i bought changeling and the midnight meat train. don't know how i'm going to watch them exactly, how joyous. we went back home and we had a big ol' band meeting that went into the night. after that i tried to connect my laptop up to the tv in my room using s-video but for some reason my laptop just wouldn't have a bar of it. useless. sigh. sam rowe lent me a monitor to use but we don't have a vga cable so i guess i'm stuck up creek without a monitor to use as a makeshift paddle. i'm typing this from my phone because it's currently a better computing interface than my notebook.

until tomorrow, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment